Product Code : 09
Brand Name : Spectacle Blind
- A spectacle blind is a safety device used to isolate a section of line.
- It is a piece of equipment used when the line or equipment needs to be inspected or removed from service.
- It is different than a valve in that the blind is a permanent or long term isolation device.
WHAT IS THE FORMULA TO CALCULATE THE THICKNESS OF A SPACER?
Sometimes it is necessary to use a thinner spacer, because a spacer with a standard thickness often can not be mounted between two flanges...Think of a pressure test in a "Life Plant" where a spacer should be installed between two flanges.
As a rule of thumb the following formula can be used to calculate the thickness in millimeters:
- Pressure (barg) multiply by diameter (inches) divided by 10
- Pressure: the highest pressure that the system can achieve
- Diameter: the size of the spacer in inches
- Example: 8 x 12 / 10 - thickness of spacer = 9.6 mm
NOTE: always try to apply spacer thicknesses in accordance with ASME B16.5